Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Up with the sun - March 31st

I'm up with the sun this morning and studying for my European Integration midterm. I did make an appearance at the Canadian nation to nation last night but pulled myself away to make tram 58 home.
I went running yesterday morning in the park with the man on the horse statue and it reminded me of a night last week that I didn't blog about. It was a pretty normal night but really had an impact on me for some reason. After my class a few friends and I decided to walk up through this park to a place that has a great view of Prague and watch the sun set. As we were walking up there we ran into a street dance band practicing a dance. It was so inner city but so cool, we found a column to sit on and watched some runners and strollers and the beautiful city of Prague. A little boy and his dad were sitting across from us and when they left he did a big jump to dismount, it was cute and we all clapped and the dad told his son to take a bow. In that moment I thought how amazing the little things are. If I didn't see another historical church or monument while I am here and could just watch the people here go through everyday life I think I would be satisfied. I feel like I keep repeating and writing about the little differences that I notice everyday but the similarities are what amaze me at the same time.
Ok so watching other ppl live their pretty normal lives would probably get boring but I guess I'm realizing that I learn so much here everyday and a ride to school on the tram or a walk around town seeing all the tourists in one neighborhood and then being in a normal neighborhood one block over is just as educational sometimes as a guided walking tour of historical places.

I love this place. I love all new places and realize everyday how all my experiences added up have allowed me to acknowledge and appreciate new places and new cultures. I find myself meeting new people, relating to them, and finding things in common by talking about my time in Austin or Chicago or Honduras and Ecuador. I'm so grateful that Jim Dad and Julie Mom and my mom and dad have fostered in me an interest in the unknown and have supported me in all that I do..........just a heads up, I may keep doing it for a bit :)

Miss ya.

mir (peace)



Grafitti in Berlin



Couples Walking in the Lustgarten in Berlin



Feeling a presence on the Charles Bridge



Playing chess in the Hungarian baths.....I want this to be me someday, hat included.



Secret Canal - Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment