Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend in Prague March 7th 2010

Big update on the Prague scene......
I found the famous Strudl place that will hopefully be the clincher in getting you all to visit. Foot long Strudles filled with apple, cream cheese, or poppy seed. For only 2 dolla!! I found the directions on someone elses blog that had been in Prague. It is the place that was on Samantha Browns travel video but definitely a locals place. We braved the below zero weather and took the trek down some curvy residential roads and the shop is just a walk up window in the bottom of an apartment building. Too bad it's kind of close to my school...my diet will now be made up of cheese, bread, salami, beer, and strudels :) Yummmm Since it was so cold we swiftly found a pub to go eat our delicious bug strudels in. Nothing better than a strudle and some beer on a Saturday afternoon.
My friends and I visited the Mucha museum earlier on in the day which was awesome. Mucha was a very good artist from the Czech Republic but most of his art was for French films and advertisements. It was a small museum but had lot's of original artwork and sketches from when he was a kid.
On Friday night we went to an opera in the beautiful and ornate National Theatre which is a famous and historical venue, we got student prices right before the show of about 50 korona which is about $2.50 and the tickets are normally 1000 korona which is about $50.00. I love being a student!!
We had a dinner party last night in our dorm room (potluck) we had quite and array of foods. The Canadians brought tacos, we made pasta and our French friends brought pizza. The party moved to a club and we all got back pretty late or I suppose early this morning. So today was spent cleaning up and then we went into town and found a cool coffee shop to hang out in for a bit. It's been a great weekend in Prague, a good restful one for everyone to try and get over the cold that keeps circulating around. I have been able to plan out trips for the next few weekends and do some research on where i want to go over our Spring Break. So all in all a lovely cold weekend in Prague, Czech Republic for Shanan. Paris blog still to come.........
I hope you are all well!!



Beautiful view of Prague from the grain tower.


Crazily enough this is a famous statue by a Czech artist, it's in a little courtyard in the old village. We found it as we were searching for the Jazz club.


Awwww Prague------ I love you.


An old gargoyle from the grain tower....and me.


Some of Mucha artwork


Beer and a strudel- the way to go.


yay we found the STRUDL place!! One of my conquests for this trip....mission accomplished, now I gain 10 pounds by eating strudel everyday.


It's a local place, two older ladies were in line behind us, they don't speak English so lot's of hand signalling.

Music from the Jazz club I went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment