Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25- Bon Voyage to Paris

I fell in love with Prague today! (even more than before)
a sensationally beautiful beautiful sunny warm unusually warm day in Prague today.
Of course it was the only day so far that I forgot to take my camera to class but i took memory pictures. I got to my first class and it was cancelled so some classmates and I did the next logical thing and went exploring (my favourite thing to do in Prague....or anywhere)

We stumbled on some new places we didn't even know about and one involved a few hundred steps to a wonderful view of the city. Also visited a few of the regulars like the Charles bridge, but it was completely different than anytime I have been before. There was a jazz band playing tunes about Chicago, a blind man playing an accordion and singing and everything looked happier than normal, I even got a few smiles from some passer byers which is a rare occurrence here.
It seemed like a new city and there were lots of ppl out and about. I was told to enjoy nice days as much as possible because as it gets nicer and closer to summer of tourists will come. Its nice to not feel like a total tourist, although the language barrier is still very much apparent. The sunshine pulled me out of a suto depression and got me re-excited to travel and explore all that Prague offered. Before when I would explore after an hour or two i would be so cold i would search for a pub to warm myself in :)
I will have to revisit some of the places i went today to post the incredible pictures as the memory ones i took may not upload.

Its funny because as excited i am about travelling and going to Paris of all places there are groups of people going other fun places and staying in Prague to do fun stuff, its hard to make the decisions! but a friend and world traveller once told me that any place is fun if you are with friends :) I completely agree


I'm very excited about going to Paris tomorrow, we are trying to pack in as much as we can in three days and have a draft itinerary that includes:
Notre Dame
Latin Quarters
Eiffel Tower (at sunset)
note here: Alex I will work on meeting someone, kissing them here and then dating them ;) following in your footsteps!
The Louvre (free on Friday nights for students!)
the famous Pere Lachaise cemetery where Jimi Hendrix (and other well known ppl) are buried
Luxembourg Gardens
Sacre Cour basilica
Arc de Triumph
Croissants
French men

We are planning on living on bread, cheese, fruit, and wine so we can afford all the attractions and maybe have money left to go on more trips in Europe :)

I will have many many many pictures and stories upon my arrival!
Stay tuned..........

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW. It seems like you are having the time of your life while I sit here in the basement of the Health Department doing work:-). For all of us back home LIVE IT UP have fun and take tons of pictures, can't wait to see them :-)

    ReplyDelete