Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

February 14th:
I just sat around with my roomates and had some valentines dinner from the Potraviny (store) down the street. Today we got back from Cesky Kanada, a weekend camp of sorts about 2 hours away from Prague. It felt like summer camp only they were promoting alcohol ingestion and late nights :) Oh Prague. It was really beautiful though, I didn't realize how much snow they had here until I saw a white white landscape. On Saturday my new Czech friend Hana and I walked about an hour to a small nearby village that was very cute. We saw old women standing on the corner appearing to shovel the walks(Hana said they were gossiping :)) One night we had a Hawaiian themed party and the next it was a Valentines theme party. I met a lot of new people, some from New Zealand (we reminisced about fish and chips). School starts tomorrow, taking the tram in for my Czech Language class and figuring out what other classes I will take. There's plan in action for a trip to Hungary, Budapest this weekend, I'm sure lot's of exciting things will happen before than!
Oh I ate fried cheese last night, a well known Czech dish here. It was like a huge mozzerella stick and all I wante d afterwards was a big plate of veggies so not sure I'll be ordering it again anytime soon :) Every Czech person that I have talked to about the food here says they do not like Czech food (except for the Strudles :))
FUN FACTS:
- Dogs go anywhere that people do, grocery stores, restaurants, trams etc.
- The Stores here are called Albert, Kaufland, and TESCO
- Every little kid I have seen has been in a puffy full body snow suit. :)


At the Hawaiian Party
Where I stayed in the countryside, notice the pub sign (Pilsner Urquell)

Czech family with puffy baby :)
Fried Cheese in Prague
The Countryside of the Czech Republic

The Beautiful City of Prague

1 comment:

  1. Shan, I want to come and eat some fried cheese with you. It looks like you are having an amazing time and I can't wait to read more about your adventures, themed parties, and wordly food tasting. :)

    ReplyDelete