Monday, February 8, 2010

Prague Week One!


I made it to Prague! The blog was delayed because there is so much new stuff to absorb and see here (and I just got hooked up to the internet in the dorms yesterday)
I am in Prague and am loving the feeling of everything being new and exciting. I have already met people in my program from so many countries (Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Germany, and Poland) I have roommates from Canada and France, Colorado and Kansas.

I had two solid days of sight seeing on my own and with my Buddy Ian (a Czech student the I was paired with to help me while I fumble my way around this place). He is pretty awesome, his dad is from England so he speaks very good English (better than most of the Czech Buddies) but it is very interesting when he changes to Czech. A language that I am going to attempt to learn but have heard it's very hard and will take longer than the four months I have here.
I had orientation yesterday and another city tour scheduled through the school today.
I would have to say the coolest part so far is that there is a pub in the dorm next door to mine and this is where all the exchange students, czech students, and neighborhood people congregate and where I have already met so many new people.
Another thing I love about Prague is the public transportation. The night I flew in Ian met me at the airport and we took the bus, underground, and tram to get to the dorms. I live 3 minutes from a stop that goes to school and downtown so I can get almost anywhere in the city from there. The trick will be learning the names and numbers and figuring out the system.
The architecture everywhere I go in this city is amazing and I haven't even begun exploring the back streets yet. (I will be posting pictures of all of the wonderful-ness!)
Stay tuned more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment