Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24th- Preparing for Paris!!

Dobre Den (good day)
I'm going to the communism museum today which I have heard good things about, I mean I've been told to go see it, not that communism is a good thing.
I have a blossoming bruise on my bum because I fell in teh tram the other day. When we were coming back from Brno and had successfully navigated the bus and metro home we were on our last leg of the tram ride, I got on and had my backpack with me and the tram started pretty fast and since I was top heavy I biffed it. No one offerred to help and my friends were laughing histerically so it was a good time :)

I've been making lists of things that are different that I want to tell you all, here is some:

- Czech people don't like peanut butter (crazy!) I offerred Ian a Reeses and he looked disgusted (they dont even like peanut butter covered in chocolate!) They think we Americans are wierd because we eat it and like it.
- There are seperate work out rooms for the boys and girls. I will try to get a picture of the room because it looks like it may have during communism. They have 2 bikes and one eliptical but they don't turn on you just pedal through it.
- There are no preservatives in the food so things spoil very quickly here. We have been using our window sill as a refrigerator because we only have a mini fridge and my roomies are big cooks and always buy tons of stuff.
- A lot of the pubs here are underground and catacomb-ish. They are pretty awesome.
Also awesome and cool are funny words to the Czech but I find myself using them a lot when with czech friends cause we are usually sight seeing and they are showing me cool places.

Tomorrow we are doing a trial run to make sure we can find the airport for our trip to PARIS on FRIDAY!!! So if you have any tips let me know!

miss you all.

Shan




Jazz-Goulash-and Beer, all very Czech



Pretty architechture


The cafe at my school, there is a very modern building and a very, very old building.


Our little kitchen- we made guacamole today!



Seen in one of the many churches I have been in


Found in the alcohol/liquer isle at the grocery store. They start them young over here. The Czech Republic is the number one consumer of beer in the world, I've heard (and witnessed)


Cool graffiti art on the Lennon wall



A fried cheese/sausage stand that is very attractive early in the morning after a night of consuming famous Czech beers.



Foos ball (or baby foot as the French call it) They have them in most bars but I have not seen any pool tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment