Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22- Brno, Lennon Wall, Dancing Building

Hey!!
I got back form Brno Czech Republic last night. It is the second largest city on the Czech Republic and definitely had a small town feel, it reminded me of Fort COllins. My friends and I stayed with a friend of a friend and were able to crash on their floor in the dorms which was nice because we met new people in that program and saved some money. The bus ride down there and back was only about $16.00! Saw the church and did a brewery tour, the walk around town only took about half the day. We wanted to see the castle but could not figure out how to find our way out there.

SOme of these pictures are from last week just sight seeing around Prague. The Lennon wall is a tribute to John Lennon.
The Dancing building is pretty well known for it's architechture. We stumbled upon it and found out that if you buy a drink in a cafe below it (which by the way has the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted and when you all come visit I am taking you there for sure!) you can have access to the top, which is a beautiful view of the castle and the river and bridges.

I have gotten lost approximately 5 times in Prague, sometimes with other people and sometimes by myself. I've found tram lines that get me home everytime and even though I have a few panicky moments I think this is the best way to help me figure out the city and all it's wonders!

A rare miracle has occurred today in Prague--- SUN!--- makes me miss sunny Colorado but I am headed out to find adventures, I think it may look like a whole new city in the sun :)


Pivnice= brewery in Czech- found beer that tasted like Sunshine and there was a bike parked inside (reminded me of New Belgium Brewery in the Fort!)


me and my trusty Pocket Pal which will be travelling with me all over Europe. I will come home a Harmonica star :)


Finally, a sunny day in the Czech Republic, view from a church bell tower in Brno.


Dinner of champions, meeting new friends in Brno, Czech Republic


The trams that make the city run, and are all around awesome!




Just IMAGINE!!

This one goes out to Pete!! Who will be here in 2010 :)


Me at the Lennon wall

tiny car

Street signs and faint signs of sun setting!

Just wanderin- a park near my dorms, notice the castle in the background!

The city from the top of the dancing building.

A cloudy day in Prague- view from the top of the dancing building. Note: best hot chocolate (horkada chocolata in czech) in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment