Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Adventures in Germany

I have arrived :) It was a home alone-esque trip with fights breaking out next to me on the plane and me sprinting through the airport to make the last call for the fight to Hamburg, but it worked out well in the end. I made it to Hamburg at 7 in the morning here which would be 1 in the morning my time and tried to fight it through the day to get over the jet lag. Joern picked me up from the airport and it was quite cold yesterday so we went to the famous IKEA store that has lovely swedish food and lots of stuf I would have bought if I could have brought it home. After that we braved the cold and went for a walk in a big park near his house, saw the obseravatory, played on the cool toys they have here (its like New Zealand a bit where the toys are cool enough and they are not worried anyone will sue them so they have flying foxes and other major swingy things).
It still amazes me that I can be in the US in the morning and Europe in the night time. And I am being reminded of all the litle cool things I had kinda forgotten about EUrope. Like the little shops and stores in every neighborhood and the kind of food they have at the stores and the trains everywhere and the cool style that the Europeans have and the cute little ladies that walk around all dressed up with felted hats and pearl earrings :)
Today we are going to Itzehoe to see Joerns home town, I like little towns so I think it will be fun!!I havent taken any pictures yet but I will get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment