Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hey guys! Thanks to everyone for reading my blog!
TURKEY (Türkei for the Germans) was an amazing experience and I could tell you all the details but will try to tell the story in pictures because I took over 200! There was sun, a beach!, great markets, bazaars, great people watching, adventuring, and good food all along. I was glad that I went with a travel budy because I think I would have been a little apprehensive to adventure on my own (and most people there spoke German and not English!)In the end it felt very safe and the people were very nice and often surprised that someone from America was there.
Cities seen- Ocurkalor, Side, Alanya, Manavgat, Antalya
Food eaten- Baklava!! Kebaps, Lots of Tzatiki, cucumbers and cheese!
Favorite memories:singing kareoke, the table full of desserts, walking through a neighborhood and seeing kids playing at a park, drinking turkish tea all the time!, finding the grandma pants and getting a deal on them...(you will soon see them family:)) - finding markets all over the place and wandering around them.
Since it is the down season anytime we would walk around a bazaar everyone would try to entice us into their store by calling Jörn Chef and me angel. (chef means boss in German) quite funny.

I'm going to do two seperate posts to make it easier to post and read!
ENJOY


Turkey- land of the eternal markets and evil eyes


A real market folks....


Patrick needs these for his van



Ataturk was all over the place, the founder of Turkey


Always searching for a good bike shot


Hanging out and drinking some beer and writing postcards...


Jörn got the turkish shave where they use the big blade and flame the ears,it was fun to watch and now that I know how to do it I can flame anyones ears who will let me :)


The waterfalls in Manavgat. I read about them and they sounded quite impressive but they and the tourist trap around them was not. I think the bus ride there was the best part


Beach shot


Yes....the hotel we stayed at had a disco that was open until 2am every night, we did venture down there one night and danced the night away with three other people. Oh the good times :)


The bazaar that was a close walk and where we got acccosted every time we wandered around.

No comments:

Post a Comment